CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Assignment # 8 - The Real Riel

Hey everybody! How are you? I'm good thanks!
This is Assignment #8 by, yours truly.

Me and Louis Riel...

Ry: Hello everyone! Today, I have a very special guest that has invited us to come visit him in his new home (heaven). Please welcome the one, the only, Louis Riel!

Louis Riel: Thank you, thank you! I'm very pleased that you could come! But we might need to hurry because when God finds out that I let living people up here... Well, let's just say that I may not be the same tomorrow.

Ry: Well then, let's get going. I have a few questions for you. Would you be willing to answer a them?

Louis Riel: Of course! I would be delighted!

Ry: Okay, first off. As the leader of the Metis, do you feel proud or ashamed of what you have done to impact Canada?

Louis Riel: Well, I am proud of what I have impacted. Yet confused that people disrespect what I have done. I don't quite understand why people feel that way about me.

Ry: Don't be hard on yourself.

Louis Riel: Thank you... What's next?

Ry: What went through your mind when you found out that you were sentenced to die?

Louis Riel: A lot of things went through my mind at that moment - why must god punish me? I deserve just as much as anyone else. what had I done to make him feel that way of me? how would the Metis feel of what was about to happen? what was going to happen to all of my loved ones? how much was I going to hurt them? - it was hard to concentrate on what the judge was saying.

Ry: I can only imagine how difficult that must have been.

Louis Riel: Yes, it truly was.

Ry: Okay I have one more question...

Louis Riel: Go on.

Ry: My source says that on December 9, your body was taken to St. Vital where it lay in your mother's house. It was there for the ones who had and always will love you. Is that true?

Louis Riel: Yes, that is true, from what I'd seen from up here, that is. Every night I'd watch my mother go to sleep wondering if her sorrow would ever end.

Ry: Thank you for your sincere and heartwarming information.

Louis Riel: Uh Oh...

Ry: what's wrong?

Louis Riel: God just found out. You better hurry out of here!
(Louis was pushing me out the doors of heaven)

Ry: Oh. Well, I hope to see you soon! Thaaannnkkk yoooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
(It was true, I really was falling from heaven)

Louis Riel's Grave



Click HERE for one site... Click HERE for another...


I also went to these sites: The Heritage Centre - Mysteries of Canada

2 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

I like the way you wrote this - very cute!

Well done!

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Ryleigh,

I hope your competition went wonderfully today! I'm so sorry I didn't make it. My husband's in a band and needed the car. Let me know the next time you're performing (Peter Pan?) and I'll certainly come and see you!

Miss Pollock